- 1996 graduate of the IOM program (University of CO at C. Springs/Boulder); past Class Advisor of several Institutes
- 1989 - 1994: VP of Membership at the Cedar Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce (led by Larry Waller)
- 1994 - 1996: Motivational Concepts, Inc. Chamber clients included Rockford, IL, Abilene, TX, Shreveport, LA, Rochester, MN
- 1997 - 2000: Vice President of the Rochester (MN) Area Chamber of Commerce (led by Bill Sepic).
- 2000+: United Way of Olmsted County & the American Heart Association, Rochester, MN
I have over 25 years of professional experience in leadership, marketing, development, and public relations as well as non-profit management. I am a natural "connector"? thoroughly enjoying networking and building strategic alliances and strong relationships both outside and within any business or organization. I thrive working with successful teams and boards, love marketing and PR, and can manage projects from planning to a successful completion. I am a creative problem solver with strong presentation and public speaking skills. My wife and I relocated to Central Iowa in 2009 from Northern California to be close to family in the Mid-west. I was Executive Director of the Newton Chamber of Commerce before accepting the ED poistion at the Des Moines West Side.
To promote and support members, local businesses and organizations while working to promote economic development, the growth of our members and enhancing the quality of life in Norwalk.
I am absolutely thrilled at the opportunity to work at the Garner Chamber of Commerce, its Board of Directors, and its hundreds of members and partners to build a vibrant business climate in the community and enhance its economic vitality and wonderful quality of life